Monday, November 5, 2012

Thanks! Day 5



 Today I'm so thankful for my sister-in-law, Jess. She takes a huge load off my shoulders by helping me with Baby Awesome.

When Baby A was about 4 months old, I had a really tough day with him. Fussy, not happy, just an off day for us. And on top of that, my husband was not going to be home to help me put him to bed, and I was emotionally drained. She took time away from her family and came over to my house for an hour or two just to hold Baby A so that I could get a Momma break. When she left, I felt energized and so glad to have her in my life.

Today I was reminded again of that day many months ago. Baby A has been extremely fussy and just not himself lately. He's crying over everything from his bath, to being changed, going in his car seat and being put on the floor so I can use the restroom. Today I met my SIL and niece at Michaels so I could look around and spend money on Christmas stuff. She again took a huge load off my shoulders and carried around Baby A so I could shop. She didn't buy anything, she wasn't there to shop for herself. She kept my son entertained so I could have some downtime, and I really appreciate that about her!

She's definitely the sister I never had, and I'm so grateful that they live close by and the friendship that we have developed over the years.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! :) Just blame your mom for depriving you of a sister relationship sooner! And thank your husband for marrying such a fabulous girl! Hahaha! I love spending time with you and Awesome, so no hard work here!

    ReplyDelete