Monday, June 11, 2012

sunday morning sweetness


I love trying new recipes, especially good ones! Don't you? One of my favorite websites, Skinny Taste, has the best low calorie, low fat recipes ever. She takes yummy food and removes some of the fat and calories. She even lists the Weight Watchers PointsPlus, for those that are on WW. It's a fabulous site that I recommend. Her recipes add in herbs and seasoning that really make the dish flavorful. I can honestly say I haven't made a recipe from Skinny Taste that I wouldn't make again.

I recently came across a recipe for an Easy Blueberry Buttermilk Cake.  With my in-laws in town for part of the weekend, I thought it would be a good opportunity to try it out. Since there would only be four of us enjoying the cake, I made half the recipe.

The verdict: Everyone ate it up! My husband had to actually keep his parents from finishing the whole thing, due to it being low fat.  I'm glad I didn't make the full recipe. It was delicious, and I highly recommend it. It's perfect for a warm summer morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment