Thursday, June 21, 2012

baby's second food - sweet potatoes!

Tonight we tried sweet potatoes. Yummy! I used my new Beaba to steam and then puree 1 large sweet potato. It turned out mighty tasty, if I do say so myself. Let's hope little man likes it.

Verdict:


He loves it! He doesn't seem all that excited in this photo, as he was ready to go to bed! But he gobbled up his portion. 

Here's how I made the sweet potato puree.

Homemade Sweet Potato Puree

1. Dice 1 large sweet potato
2. Using your Beaba or veggie steamer, I steamed in the Beaba for about 15 minute until soft. 
3. Place the cooked sweet potato in the Beaba or food processor and puree adding the left over sweet potato broth until you've reached the right consistency for your baby. I even added additional filtered water to make it a little thinner, as it's his first time to try. 
4. Using an ice cube tray, I filled the whole tray and placed the lid on it and into the freezer it went. 
5. Using freezer bags, I placed the cubes by portion size into the bags to store.
6. When ready to feed the baby, I take out one bag, fill a small bowl with hot water and let the food defrost.
7. If the food still needs to be heated, I heat in the bottle warmer and serve.

 

1 comment: