Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Whaley Cute Birthday Party!

Happy 1st birthday to my favorite little man! I cannot believe how fast his first year has come and gone. Boy do we have some great memories. :) Being a first time mom, I never knew how sappy of a mom I would be, but I can tell you this, I am one of those moms! Preparing for the party was very bittersweet. I'm excited to see who my little man will become. But I sure do miss the itty bitty baby boy that he once was. I enjoy the baby stage so much. The cuddles and snuggles, 2am feedings (yes, I actually do miss this sometimes!), wondering if I'm ever going to sleep again (and yes, I did), and wondering how long he's actually going to nap at each nap.

I don't post photos of Baby A on Facebook for various reasons, but wanted to share some photos from his party for family and close friends to see. We went with the "whale" theme given a onesie he had at 3 months that said "I'm whaley cute". And I think whales are just too cute to use for a little man's birthday party!




So without further adieu, Baby A's first whaley cute birthday party:

I made this door sign using Photoshop along with a few downloads from Etsy.



Our entry table hosted photos of Baby A from the past year and included this little whale picture that I created on Photoshop using the same graphics I purchased on Etsy. 

  

My favorite was our mantel. Each month I took a photo of him in a white onesie with a month sticker on it. I then had them printed out from Mpix and strung them with a thick string.


 
 

I created this banner also on Photoshop (I love Photoshop). The sign said "Happy 1st Birthday Austin". 


I created the "austin is 1" sign with my new Silhouette Cameo. 


Baby A's party hat that he had no interest in wearing. I also made the sign below that says "i am 1". Yes, again, Photoshop (smile).


When we had our gender reveal party back in July 2011, a local bakery created the cake for us. The cake turned out so cute and was delicious that we had to use them again for his 1st birthday. They created this smash cake with a whale fin on it. 


And here is the "big" cake that was layered on the inside in blue and green. The whale was made out of fondant icing. 


Baby A  getting ready to smash his cake!


And he loved it! We only let him have a few bites before taking it away. But he thoroughly enjoyed it.



And what party wouldn't be complete without opening a few presents? Baby A is greatly blessed and received so many fun toys and clothes! 



2 comments:

  1. You did a Whaley good job! The Bird had a great time!! Happy Birthday Little Man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything was so whaley cute especially the birthday little man! I knew we were in for a treat when we got to the Whale-come sign on the front door. :) Whaley smart you are, mama!

    ReplyDelete