Thursday, August 9, 2012

surf's up! closet dividers

Back when I was pregnant, and we found out that we were having a boy, we decided on a surf board theme for our little man's room. My husband loves to surf, given he lived in LA for about 8 years back in his college days. And we both love to spend time at the beach.

Wanting to recreate closet dividers for his closet that I saw on Pinterest, my sister-in-law helped me with these.


We ended up using wooden cut-outs that were on clearance at Michael's. We found scrapbook paper with the surf theme and got to tracing out the cut-out followed by cutting the paper down to size. Mod Podge was our best friend after we had painted the dividers first. Lastly, using the Silhouette machine, we were able to cut out the sizes and Mod Podge those on as well. We then sealed it all with our favorite Mod Podge and let dry.

1 comment: